Thursday, March 6, 2008

Weary of Winter

It's about this time each year that I am winter-weary...so ready to see the first signs of spring. I'm looking forward to hearing the birds singing cheerfully, seeing the grass become green again, the buds on the trees, and the the daffodils poking up.
One of my most anticipated signs of spring....seeing this now ice-covered forsythia bush in full bloom! Soon it will be covered in vibrant sunshine-yellow blooms...


A glimpse of some of the trees in the orchard, glistening with a heavy layer of ice.

If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant;

if we did not sometimes taste of adversity,

prosperity would not be so welcome.

-Anne Dudley Bradstreet


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, stumbled by and just wanted to say hi. I too want spring, it'll soon be here and I'll probably have allergies. Keep blogging!

I would like to invite you to leave a comment on my blog. At my blog I ask people to tell me about their day in seven words or less. Just leave me a comment with your seven words, you can do it anonymously. If you'd rather not, then have a nice day.

http://todayinseven.blogspot.com

Katy said...

I am sooooooooo ready for spring as well!!! But I guess you are right....we wouldn't enjoy it so much without winter...but what a long winter it is! :)